Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When should I apply for Financial Aid?

You should apply for Financial Aid during the Admissions process. Priority consideration will be given to applicants who file these forms by February 15.

Q: Do I have to complete the FAFSA?
You must complete the FAFSA if you are requesting any need-based aid.

Q: What is the Conservatory's federal school code?

Q: How do I sign the FAFSA?
Dependent Undergraduate Student: Both the student and parent must apply for a federal pin number, which allows you to electronically sign the FAFSA before submitting it.

Independent Undergraduate and Graduate Students:
Only the student applies for a pin number, which allows you to electronically sign the FAFSA. No parent information is required on the FAFSA if student is a graduate student, married, has children that he/she supports, or is a veteran.

Q: Do I have to complete the CSS Profile?

All international students must complete the CSS Profile.

Domestic students requesting any need based aid and are age 24 or below must complete the Profile.


Q: I probably don't qualify for aid. Should I apply for aid anyway?
You should try applying for Financial Aid anyway (by filling out a FAFSA), as oftentimes people are eligible for aid without knowing it. In addition, there are sources of aid such as unsubsidized Stafford loans and PLUS loans that are available regardless of need.

Q: Can I use the same pin number for other schools?
Yes, your pin number stays with you. You only need to apply once for a pin number.

Q: I am a California resident. How do I apply for a California State Grant?
Your high school counselor should provide the GPA verification to the California Student Aid Commission by March 2nd. If you are an undergraduate transfer student, your previously attended school should send these forms. For additional information, please visit