Federal and State Aid

Federal student assistance is available to students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. To apply for any Federal student aid you are only required to complete the FAFSAFederal aid includes Pell Grants, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, Directs Loans, both subsidized and unsubsidized, Perkins loans, and Work-Study.  Once the FAFSA is completed, you may be selected by the Federal Processor for a process called verification, which means you will have to provide your actual tax data to the school through the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, please click here for further information. Federal student assistance can be used for educational expenses, including tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation and personal expenses.

The Net Price Calculator, from the U.S. Department of Education, is customized for the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. This calculator can provide a basic estimate of what aid you may receive based on your financial need. This calculator is only applicable to full-time, first-time undergraduate students and is based on 2012-2013 academic year data.