About the Archives
The San Francisco Conservatory of Music's archives documents the history of the Conservatory through the collecting of Conservatory publications, documents, manuscripts, photographs, recordings, and other items of permanent historical value to the Conservatory. For research assistance, please contact archivist Tessa Updike at 415-503-6312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The archives are open Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm by appointment. Contact the archvist to schedule a visit.
Do you have materials you would like to donate to the archives? Please review our Collection Development Policy
to read about what we collect. Contact the archivist for more information, or to offer an item/collection to the archives.
The San Francisco Conservatory of Music archives collects materials that relate to the history of the Conservatory. Inventories for many of our collections are available by contacting the archivist. Not all collections are complete, and restrictions and permissions vary, so please contact the archivist with any questions.
- Annual Reports, 1972-2003
- Artist biographical files
- Board minutes (restricted)
- Catalogs, 1919-Present
- Faculty biographical files
- Faculty and Staff papers
- News clippings
- Newsletters, 1924-Present
- Objects (artifacts)
- Oral Histories
- Historical materials relating to Conservatory Leaders
- Ada Clement
- Lillian Hodghead
- Ernest Bloch
- Albert Elkus
- Robin Laufer
- Milton Salkind
- Colin Murdoch
- Performance calendars, 1972-Present
- Press releases
- Of recorded Conservatory performances, 1969-Present
- Of non-recorded Conservatory performances, 1917-Present
- Scrapbooks, 1917-1967
- News clippings, programs and ephemera
- Sound Archives (Conservatory in-house performances)