Auditions: "What to Expect"
On the day of your audition:
- Arrive at 50 Oak St, receive a visitor's pass from security
- Check-in at the admissions table
- Be sure to find out about the information session and tours that will be going on throughout the audition day when you check-in.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your audition time at performance hall (there will be a small warm up room there)
- Warm up in your designated warm up room
If your repertoire list is different from the list you sent in with your application, have an updated one ready to give to the jury
Note: Depending on their availability, most teachers are willing to give you a consultation lesson before or after your audition. Contact them in advance to schedule a lesson time while you're in San Francisco. You can find their contact information in their bios here, or, e-mail email@example.com to get their contact information.
During your audition:
- Audition panel will say a few words to you and usually, they will let you begin with whatever piece on the required list you would like to perform.
- Usually you will not perform all your pieces from beginning to end so do not get worried if they cut you off in the middle of your piece!
After your audition:
- You're done- Congratulations!
- If you'd like to have a tour of the building, contact the admissions office or find a greeter at the entrance to the building.
- Take time to explore the area around the conservatory (ie: Hayes Street) and enjoy the city.
- You will be notified of admission by March 15 if you are a graduate student or by April 1 if you are an undergraduate student