The application for Fall 2016 is now available.
Some instruments and studios are still accepting applicants for Spring semester.
Apply now for Spring 2016
San Francisco Conservatory Application Checklist:
- Completed application
- Prescreening recording, uploaded directly to the application. Required of the following prospective majors:
- Chamber Music
- Technology and Applied Composition (TAC)
- Two letters of recommendation
- We will contact your recommenders directly, utilizing the information that you provide in your application. Please do not mail or email recommendations. Additional information regarding supplemental materials can be found here.
- Academic transcripts. Please upload a copy of your unofficial transcript to your application. Accepted students will be prompted to provide official documentation once they are admitted and have finished their present degree program.
- English language proficiency requirement (required of non-native English speakers). Please note that all applicants with an English language requirement must submit a TOEFL score, or proof of registration, by the December 1st deadline in order to be scheduled for an audition. The score does not need to be a passing score at the time of application. Applicants may also choose to submit an IELTS score or an ELS Language Center score.
- Audition, either in San Francisco, at a regional site, or by final audition recording. Information about the different types of auditions, along with specific dates and deadlines, can be found here.
Getting to know SFCM:
- Bios for our entire faculty may be found here. Faculty e-mail addresses are at the bottom of their bios.
- We encourage prospective students to have a consultative lesson with faculty before their audition. Please contact the faculty directly to set up a lesson.
- To schedule a tour of SFCM contact the admissions office or at 800-899-SFCM
- Prospective students are welcome to attend SFCM rehearsal and concerts. Please see our Performance Calendar to plan your visit.