All admissions decisions for the 2013-2014 school year have been e-mailed. If you applied and did not recieve an admission decision, please contact the admissions office as soon as possible.
The Office of Admission looks forward to working with you throughout the application process.
We are no longer accepting recordings or applications for Fall 2013 unless by permission of the Office of Admission.
The Conservatory application consists of:
- Unified Application for Music and Performing Arts Schools
- Audition: in San Francisco, at a regional site or by final recording.
- Prescreen recording required in chamber music, composition, conducting, piano and voice. Submit here.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Academic transcripts
- TOEFL (required of non-native English speakers) Please note that all applicants with a TOEFL requirement must submit a TOEFL score, or proof of registration, by the December 1st deadline in order to be scheduled for an audition. The score does not need to be a passing score of 61 ibt at the time of application. This requirement may be waived by permission of the Office of Admission if there is intent to enroll in ELS Language Centers.
- Fall enrollment: December 1
- Spring enrollment: October 1, if space is available
- Prescreen recordings are due December 1
Admission to the Conservatory is determined on the basis of:
- Openings in the specific department and studio
- Academic record
- Supplemental materials