Academic Requirements for Admission


Graduation from an accredited high school is required for freshmen applying to the Conservatory. The high school transcript should include at least three years of English and preferably three years of a foreign language.

Home-Schooled Applicants

We welcome applications from home-schooled students.  Home-schooled applicants must submit either an official transcript issued by an accredited institution or the diploma from the GED or CHSPE.  In addtion, home-schooled applicants should submit the SAT or ACT to support their transcripts.

Transfer Students

Students wishing to transfer to the Conservatory must show evidence of a satisfactory academic record at all institutions of higher education and secondary schools attended and are required to submit official transcripts from all of them. Transfer students who are attending a member school of the National Association of Schools of Music must submit a form signed by the primary music executive of the school from which they are transferring, indicating their knowledge and approval of this transfer. Transfer applicants cannot be considered for any Conservatory scholarship assistance without this form, available here.

Graduate Students

Applicants for the Master of Music degree and Artist Certificate programs are expected to hold a bachelor's degree in music from an accredited college, university or conservatory. In exceptional cases, a student who has a degree in an area other than music and who has had excellent audition results and experience in music theory and history may be considered. Others may be recommended for admission as transfers into the undergraduate program. The Conservatory will not accept any transfer credit at the graduate level, but will if accepted into the undergraduate program.